What should you do if your Kansas City home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your residence – and your family members – against the many risks you may face, like burglary, flooding, and fire. Despite the fact that your home might be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Kansas City home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is often jarring, confusing, and may cause panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and adhere to these simple guidelines.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Kansas City Goes Off
It’s a circumstance no one wants to face, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system in the first place. You’re roused in the middle of the night with the telltale blaring of an alarm after a security sensor has been activated. So what is your next move?
- Stay calm. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is racing. But staying calm is the most effective way to appraise the situation. Avoid the impulse of trying to handle the emergency yourself and let your monitoring experts and first responders do their job.
- Attend to your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and moving them out of danger. If you are dealing with a break-in, this might involve going to a predetermined safe room as far away from access points as possible. It’s likely that your alarm may have deterred the trespasser, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a fire, you ought to vacate your house immediately.
- Don’t forget your phone. These days, almost all people take their phones at all times, but you could neglect to take it during an emergency. You’ll want to have it. You’ll be able to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and get updates through your home security app.
Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Specialists
Any time your home alarm system in Kansas City goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring experts will act immediately. The first move is to verify your alarm, and that involves getting in contact with you. The guideline they adhere to depends on the sort of emergency. To illustrate, when a medical emergency is triggered, one attempt will be made to contact you before first responders are dispatched. If you have a break-in - the most typical kind of event - a monitoring agent will adhere to these steps to reach out to you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you via the central command panel. You will usually be required to supply a passcode.
- If that is not successful, a call is attempted to your primary contact number.
- An alternate number or your first contact person is called next.
- If you still can’t be reached, local police are dispatched.
- Your monitoring specialists will attempt to reach you again once authorities are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with monitoring agents, that’s OK. Help will still be deployed even if you're not available to substantiate the emergency.
Get prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Kansas City
Get prepared for any emergency with a contemporary home alarm system in Kansas City from Vivint. Call (816) 357-9576 to start designing your home’s defense today.