Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Kansas City smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in complete charge of your Kansas City home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and check out recommendations to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Kansas City do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to sensors and other implements through radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a backup battery for added reliability. It also provides complete remote operability with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- View real-time or recorded footage from your linked surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Kansas City by implementing schedules or initiating rules. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock whenever the fire alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be inside your home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and everything in the home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will post a message if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open door will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the system by adhering to the above steps. You will then need to verify you wish to bypass the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Kansas City
Even though many users can be set up when you first get your system, you will likely want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote access, choose phone or email and submit the details to deliver an invitation.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, simply go to the menu, touch users, select the user you wish to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Kansas City security system. Contact (816) 357-9576 to learn more.