Online purchasing and daily drop-offs have become commonplace for many residents. You love the ease of having items left at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes on your doorstep are temptations to potential burglars. Porch piracy continues to be a serious issue, but you have the chance to take action against it by installing a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These surveillance instruments are fantastic tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they provide so much more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why they’re sure to be a crucial part of your smart home.
Perks of a Kansas City video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a range of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps advancing. You are now able to set up detection zones, communicate with people at your door, and get real-time updates whenever a package arrives.
The easiest way to understand how a Kansas City video doorbell camera works is to explore the various perks it gives you. Consider the following features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t get this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in dissuading crime with warning lights and sounds. This is a great way to let prowlers know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that consists of the faces of individuals at your door and items on the ground. Video doorbells with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a total perspective.
- Crystal-clear images no matter the hour: What’s the purpose of having a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and hard to see? Top models will include exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is dropped off? You can receive instant alerts from video doorbells capable of differentiating between people and boxes.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is there somebody lingering at your door? Reciprocal audio lets you ask why they’re there. You could even use this beneficial feature to deter people lurking around your walkway.
- Cut down on false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the space to be monitored will allow you to reduce false alarms caused by pedestrians or pets.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home gives you the chance to access live and archived video right from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you are able to engage with them directly from your mobile device, no matter your location. They’ll inform you when a visitor arrives, show you what’s going on, and even permit you to talk with the person at your door. They’ve become game-changers in terms of security and convenience.